The Safe is recommended for up to six adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for half a dozen adult units, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. (Figure a small child or elderly person as half an adult unit; a teenage boy might be one and a half units.) Families looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase a Vault. The larger bank will provide a more substantial cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Safe comes with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart and free copies of The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible and The Mittleider Gardening Course. These books provide detailed instructions on how to cultivate each variety in your bank (light, water and soil requirements; when and how to plant, etc.) and how to plan, construct and maintain your raised bed gardens. The other books offered on our website are also strongly recommended for those wishing to maximize their harvest and pursue a lifestyle of true self-sustainability.
Texas Ready The Safe Features
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated Heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are fresh and have a lab-certified germination rate in excess of the USDA requirements for that particular variety
- Available for Southern and Northern Zones
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
- Includes a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
80+ Varieties Included
Over 40,000 Seeds (6+ lbs)
Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 6 Adult Units
Includes The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible
Includes The Mittleider Gardening Course