The Vault is recommended for up to twelve adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for a dozen adult units, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. (Figure a small child or elderly person as half an adult unit; a teenage boy might be one and a half units.) Families looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase a Treasury. The larger bank will provide a more substantial cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Vault comes with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart and free copies of The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, The Mittleider Gardening Course, The Backyard Homestead, Seed to Seed and The New Self-Sufficient Gardener. These books provide just about everything you’ll need to know to turn your backyard into a veritable food-producing machine. They will teach you how to maximize your harvest and properly save your seed for the next growing season. Diligently follow the techniques and recommendations in these training manuals and you’ll be well on your way to living a lifestyle of true self-sustainability!
Persons wishing to lay up a store of “seed money” for barter should consider either this bank or the Treasury.
Texas Ready The Vault Features
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated Heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are fresh and have a lab-certified germination rate in excess of the USDA requirements for that particular variety
- Available for Southern and Northern Zones
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box (size and type of box are subject to change, based on availability)
- Includes a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
80+ Varieties Included
Over 80,000 Seeds (12+ lbs)
Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 12 Adult Units
Also included are the following five books!
The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible
The Mittleider Gardening Course
The Backyard Homestead
Seed to Seed
The New Self-Sufficient Gardener